VLC media player Skin Editor
The VLC Skin Editor aims at giving designers an easy opportunity to create skins for the VLC Media Player without having to know about the internal structure of VLC's skin files.
The skin editor is WYSIWYG editor for VLC skins that helps designers to create skins faster and easier.
For tutorials and help on the usage of the Skin Editor turn to the online help.
You can download the latest build at the download page.
This program requires the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 or later. If you do not have it, download it at the Java download page
- Absolutely no XML knowledge required
- Add images and fonts directly from files
- Helpful visual aid to create SubBitmaps
- Direct preview of how the skin will look
- Preview of how your skin looks in different situations (playing, paused, etc.)
- Import and export of VLT files (packed VLC Skins)
- Easily add and modify items of your skin
- Position your skin's items with the mouse or the arrow keys
- Hierarchic display of skins content
- Makes the creation of action sequences comfortable
- Can handle all skins created by hand
- Available in different languages
How to support the project
The project needs developers and also testers who check the program for usability and identify bugs.
If you have knowledge of Java feel free to join the developer team. Check the source code for more information.